Tuesday from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
NEW for 2019 - The Boonshoft Museum will open for extended hours on Tuesdays this June, July, and August! Take advantage of the long summer days -- and slightly-more-flexible bedtimes -- to join us each Tuesday evening for specially-themed science programs at 6:00 p.m. The doors will stay open until 7:00 p.m., and the Museum will be ready for explorers of all ages!
2019 Summer Hours (June, July, August)
• Monday, Wednesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
• Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Sunday 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
For each month, these Tuesday evening programs will feature themes that revolve around summer science:
• 1st Tuesday - Take a peek from behind-the-scenes at items from the Collection. From biology or geology to anthropology, get an up-close look at history! On June 4, explore the new Ice Age exhibition in the Main Lobby with the chance to discover additional artifacts and specimens.
• 2nd Tuesday - Kicking off on June 11 with an investigation into bioluminescence, these monthly hands-on STEM programs will dive into summer topics to fascinate learners of all ages.
• 3rd Tuesday - Blast off into outer space with summer astronomy programs! On June 18, tour the universe to explore the "7 Weirdest Exoplanets" yet discovered.
• 4th Tuesday - Come face-to-face with the furry, fuzzy, and scaly residents of the Discovery Zoo as you get a living biology lesson during these special animal encounters. On June 25, meet one of the newest zoo residents: Ruby, the red-tailed boa!
Programs will take place at 6:00 p.m. Activities are included with regular admission; free for members.