Each year, we contribute to hundreds of local organizations to help with their fundraising initiatives, or to offer free or reduced admissions qualifying individuals. For instructions to apply for admission passes for your group, event, or cause, please refer to our community giving guidelines.
Charitable Giving Policy for the Dayton Society of Natural History
The Dayton Society of Natural History is honored to be able to provide southwestern Ohio with hands-on learning opportunities both at the Museum and in the community. In order to best serve our community and provide unique, educational experiences to people we are happy to accept donations requests for a complimentary Membership from non-profit organizations who meet the guidelines listed below.
Please note: Guidelines may have changed from the last time you submitted a request. Before you fill out this form, please read through the criteria below to see if your organization qualifies.
- Requesting party must be a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. Said party must provide their Federal Tax ID Number to be considered. Not sure if you are a 501(c)(3) non profit organization recognized by the IRS? Click here to check.
- If the requesting party is NOT the same as the organization benefiting from the donation (ie: one non-profit organization hosting a fundraiser to benefit another), this relationship must be made clear in the initial ask. In general, the request should be made by the organization that will benefit from the donation, and both must be 501(c)(3) organizations.
- We are unable to grant monetary donations. All donations will be in the form of complimentary Membership.
- We are unable to grant requests for religious purposes/organizations, professional development, seminars/conferences, pageants, political purposes, sports, band boosters, school/family/alumni reunions, PTOs, government institutions, private or public schools, employee recognition, individuals/families, private fundraiser not affiliated with a 501(c)3 non-profit, or any non-charitable event/organization etc. If you are a school and are interested in visiting as a group, please click here for more information about our group rates.
- All requests must be submitted online. Requests that are emailed, faxed, phoned or mailed will not be considered.
- Requests must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the event taking place.
- Only one request per calendar year per organization will be considered.
- Once approved, an email will be sent to arrange pick up from one of our locations. No donations will be mailed.
- Priority will be given to local organizations in Montgomery, Miami, Clark, Greene, Darke, Preble, Butler and Warren counties. We may also consider organizations in outside counties who serve communities and constituents in said counties. Please note this when filling out your request.
- Priority will be given to those organizations who have previously booked rentals, group visits, field trips, and traveling programs with the Museum, or wish to do so in the future.
- Request must indicate how the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park and/or Fort Ancient Earthworks and Nature Preserve will be acknowledged.
- Priority will be given to organizations/events that match our mission by fitting into one of the following categories:
- Wildlife conservation
- Environmental conservation and protection
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education
- Archaeological, anthropological, geological, paleontological or biological preservation or research
- Family/community welfare
Click here to request a donation.